I had been having dreams.....vivid, rich dreams.....crazy dreams.....
I poured out nostalgia all over this blog, and held some close to my heart.
I longed to sit outside that Starbucks, on the benches.....in my dreams, i saw cob-webs in the elevator that i used to take to go upto my office.....
and much contemplations later, i decided i had to be there.....
and thus my trip to Boston.....
every city has a distinct smell.....a distinct flavor, a distinct style.....that brings those who love the city back into her lap.....
and i got a chance to feel it all.....
the Longwood Medical Area, the food-court where Ms. Moon and i used to share our thoughts, where Ms. Doll (who played my host this time) and i chatted over coffee and even that CVS, where sometimes we would just walk in, to de-stress.....
The smell of Green Line T.....the familiar sights of Brookline and Coolidge Corner.....
I had never been away.....
and through that week, i lived in the same apartment where i used to live before.....the same apartment where i played a host to Doll, when she just came in from India and now she was playing my host.....the same apartment, where Moon lived before us both.....the same apartment, where Arshi and i lived together.....the same apartment where Doll lives now.....
I had come home, my second home.....
i dusted those cob-webs indeed.....writing to some friends after ages and seeing the sparkle in their eyes, when i met them.....and i have lots to share on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like your new year started well. :)
Hope you are having a good one too, sbkt :).
This is overdue and off-topic (but I couldn't find an email address here). Thanks for the link, musical. I've linked to yours also.
Thanks Ashvin.
I haven't linked to an email on the blog, as i am too lazy to make a new account for the blog :).
musical, why haven't you been blogging lately? :(
i know Naina.....dunno' if its just laziness or may be craziness ;).
Jokes apart, hope to do some Boston and Friends posts and a few more :).
atleast someone looks for updates here :)).
Post a Comment