Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thoughts.....

Surprised? I am :-D.


Wanted to write a lil' something today. Its been a long, long time since i made an appearance here. Sometimes, words appear and then disappear, before you can string them together.....The silent scribbles in the diary of the mind. Sometimes, thoughts flash like a firefly in a corner and then fly away. Other times, you do end up finding words and then shaping them into a definitive something. The something, that will tell it like it is.



This just happens to be one such moment, and i am making sure that i catch the thoughts before they dissolve :).

---------------

Few days back, i had a lil' trip back in time, with this beautiful piece of poetry and music. Its a musical rendition of a poem by Faiz (The video link is from a TV drama called Dhoop Kinare, which was popular even in India). I am not attempting to translate the poem, because no words can accurately translate its depth and the beauty.

It is one of the most beautiful combinations of poetry and music, ever! I first listened to this when i was really young, barely a teen-ager. The melody grew on me and so did the lyrics. The lyrics beautifully and poignantly describe the soothing effect that long-forgotten pleasant memories have. And few days ago, when i listened to this song, i felt soothed, blessed by the beautiful, long-forgotten memories.....
---------------


I've recently caught up with my reading, and have been reading Murakami like an addict :-D. Besides some of his novels and short stories, i have also enjoyed reading some really inetersting books about mind and music, neuroplasticity, paranoia and the concept of self. Which means (or atleast there is a lil' bit of likelihood) that i would write about them at some point :).

---------------

Oh, and the pictures that you see here, are from Santa Monica (where else?). Love the Santa Monica pier and the promenade.

These pictures were taken when MD was here in winter.



The ferris wheel in the picture is the old one. The new, solar-powered ferris wheel was inaugurated this week.

So, i did manage to capture some thoughts, didn't i :).

7 comments:

Sig said...

WOW, am I dreaming or what? :D Welcome back musy :)

musical said...

Hey Sig, now, it does feel like a dream, doesn't it :-D.

TNL said...

holy moses. you're writing again!

do you know, 'dhoop kinarey' is my all time series EVER? I love nayyara noor's music score in that...and the background music is enough to swoon....the entire drama is on youtube!! i am so happy!
Dr.Ahmer.....gawd, I had a crush on him! ;)

take care!

trupti

btw, these word verifications are getting longer each day...! aagh.

TNL said...

I mean my favorite series.

musical said...

TS:

Hey, i know love Dhoop Kinare :). I have the mp3 for "Raat Yun" that you emailed me :). As for Dr. Ahmer, who didn't have a crush on him :-D. Yup, i have been watching it on YouTube and then there is also Nayyara Noor singing the full nazm "Aaj baazaar mein". Its quite a treat to listen to. Btw, if you ever find time, do listen to Khamaj by Fuzon, its the best!

PS: sorry about the word verification, it wasn't there before. But i guess since the blog was idle for quite a while, they put it up? Will try to remove it :).

hugs,
musical.

sbkt said...

Good to see you back.
The song by Faiz was beautiful: I hadn't heard it before. How are things otherwise? Hope you are doing good.

musical said...

Sbkt:

Good to see you too :). Things are fine, just a bit hectic. But i do manage to get my regular dose of chai and pakode ;). How about you? Read anything interesting lately?

Faiz's poetry is always beautiful, isn't it? Check out "Bol ke lab azaad hain tere", "Hum dekhenge" and "Dasht-e-Tanhai"