Its a holiday, time to eat something yummier than usual.
The SoCal weather finally feels like a bit wintery, lil' foggy and chilly:).
So Chai n' mooli paratha for b'fast.
Pita Sandwich with hummus, sprouts, zucchini and tomato, with hot Cafe' Latte for lunch.
and the menu should not just be about food, today's menu must include calling up friends, listening to some great music, watching a good movie/reading a great book and thanking all the good people around.
May be its the corner grocery store people or may be the T, Subway, Blue Bus staff, may be the doorman in the apartment building, anyone who's doing something for others.....wish them a great holiday with a smile. Thats the nicest topping on today's menu.
Be cozy, happy and have a good time.....Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mooli parathas! I'm a little jealous :) My mom always makes them for me on sundays when I'm home.
I tried making them myself but the paratha part (I know, not very specific, the part with flour?) always turns out too thick. I suck at cooking :)
Hey sleepy, i totally heart stuffed parathas. My Mom made the most amazing parathas.....
I love mooli, aloo and gobhi parathas the most(Mom mashed the aloo-gobhi sabzi and that made the most delectable stuffing ever)-and my own creations (Mozzarella paratha, beet paratha and so on). Try using the small bunch raddish (red) for mooli-paraths, its yummy.
For the dough, you need to knead it thoroughly and if possible (ie. if you are not in a rush and if the hunger pangs aren't bogging you down) let the dough rest a bit. that makes it soft. add a bit of salt for paratha dough. I make two layer parathas (very common in Punjab)-ie. putting the stuffing between two small pooris. Hope this helps :).
"Mom mashed the aloo-gobhi sabzi and that made the most delectable stuffing ever"
Mine too! She also mashes up carrot and pea sabzi :)
And thank you so much for the tips, I'll have to try it soon.
Sure, sleepy-you are always welcome. Moms sure know how to get the kids into eating sabzis :).
Good luck with you paratha sessions :).
Post a Comment